This is all my own work. Don't seal it or I'll have to hunt you down.

Don't follow me. Seriously. I bump into things.

Thursday 13 January 2011

Chapter 12

There's something odd & unusual about sleeping, well with me there is anyway. I dress up in my head when I'm asleep. In my dreams I'm a beautiful lady in the most rocking night attire anyone has ever laid eyes on. Sometimes it might be with a robe, or a shawl gently wrapped round my shoulders, but mostly it's just the most beautiful nightgown imaginable. Not much lace, I'm not really a lace person, even when I'm asleep. The fabric is glorious though, silky, flowing & hugging at the same time, right the way down to the floor (and it never seems to get dirty). My shoulders are usually bare in my sleeping head and the sleeves are long and gathered at the wrist. I actually sleep in a vest top & knickers...so it's a bit odd & unusual as I said.

I have my beautiful lady self on & Goblin is here waiting for me to get up. I can feel him peering at me impatiently over the top of his rather overlarge nose. I open an eye & his smile is full of relief. Something prickly is under my bottom, I can feel the indentations and put my hand down. I'm not in my bed. I seem to be on a bed of mosslike stuff that has little tiny twigs & lots of insects in it. I can hear slithering, it's not close. Maybe Houdini is following me to make sure everything is good. Until it comes closer I'll never know.

It's time to stand up, my bed of moss wasn't very comfortable & I have to stretch myself in all directions before I'm able to move properly, hobbling around like a geriatric isn't a good look, even when you're sleeping. It's flat, the rainbow sky isn't here & the sunshine is blinding. Bones is clacking, he seems very happy to see me, perhaps my friends don't sleep & find it strange that I lie myself down & turn off every so often. Three Legs bounds over to me in a happy greeting too. They all seem to be ecstatic. I wonder why.....

We're on the road to Africalafrica, the path is in front of us & I'm fairly certain we have to go left. Goblin shuffles us over to a point on the landscape that looks like any other & says 'Wheeee' the others copy him & then start blowing upwards! I'm completely baffled and I'm sure I look it because Goblin turns & encourages me to join in. I blow. We all start to rise....slowly at first and then I realise the more we all blow the faster we go. Then we come to an abrupt halt. Goblin grins at me, the others are all very excited and jump up & down like 80's teenagers at a Duran Duran concert. Goblin says 'Wheeee' again & points downwards...far in the distance I can see a huge city, full of spirals & turrets and ramparts & crennelations...the colours are amazing! Goblin dissapears, all I can hear is a sound in the distance shouting a gleeful 'Wheeeee', all I can see is a small speck of Goblin shooting back down to earth faster than a speeding bullet. Oh My Goodness, this is gonna be fun!

'Woof' 'Whine' Woof woof' My eyes open slowly to see Dizzy peering at me, eagre to get out of the back door & chase whatever is making that racket outside in the garden. I slide my feet into my slippers & put a dressingown on over my vest & knickers...heading for the back door.

No comments:

Post a Comment