This is all my own work. Don't seal it or I'll have to hunt you down.

Don't follow me. Seriously. I bump into things.

Thursday 17 June 2010

Chapter 1

Ominous is a great word. It conjures up all manner of things lurking in the wings, just waiting to pounce! he he he Pounce is another good word.
So here I am minding my own business, not an ominous thought in my head when I happen to think 'hmmm' not for any particular reason, it just popped into my head. Ominously! Life can't imitate art with me, never does, Tracey Emin can get paid millions for a disgusting old bed but when my house is a mess I just get fed up & none of the Saachis come over & offer me money. I'm alot more special than Tracey Emin. I'm not common for a start & can speak properly to boot. I digress though. You'll find I do that quite alot really.....for no reason, I think I'm going a bit mental?
Anyway, to get on with the matter at hand. Have you ever had a dream that was so wonderful you didn't want it to end? I have. Not your traditional type of good dream though...more like a nightmare that you didn't notice was horrible & full of monsters lurking ominously....Monsters don't scare me, I have big boots! Well, I own big boots but one broke so it's currently sitting in Shauns workroom waiting to be fixed...damn shame that, I broke my best boots! I have others I can use to kick monsters though don't you worry. Trouble is, the monsters in my dreams are very sweet & lovely, they don't hurt & look at you like they just want someone to love them. Kicking them is completely out of the question. They're adorable. I think they live in my garden deep under the earth & come out to play when I go to sleep. The pumpkin patch is my guess, they live under the pumpkins during the day & wait for the sun to go down & then they haunt me. They have a bit of skin sometimes but you can see the rotten flesh hanging from the bones that are covered in dirt. They smile at me, not that they have much of a choice, they have bits of face missing too. But the smiles are the sweetest 'love me' smiles you've ever seen. I don't name them, that would make them real & they aren't real, just figments of my rather vivid imagination. But they live under the pumpkins & play with the bats when the moon rides high & the sun has moved on to warm another part of our amazing planet.
One night, I had just dropped into the land of nod when one suddenly stood on the end of my bed! I was a little surprised at it's boldness, it usually takes them alot longer to invade my head. This little one had gumption & I don't mean the cleaner that came in bottles when I was a kid. It beckoned to me. I got up from my bed leaving the dog curled in a ball, snoring gently. I stretched & rubbed the sleep from my eyes. It was dark so I figured I had better wear shoes or my toes would get a good bashing. I couldn't turn the light on, it would wake up the house & this was my own private world where I felt safe, protected & happy. I followed the little one into the hall & could see quite clearly that it had some clothes. Stripy clothes, soiled shoes & a little green hat with a feather in it. I didn't think it had been human at any point, it wasn't the right shape for a start. Very short legs, a curved spine & a rather bulbous protrusion sticking out of it's face that didn't look anything like a nose. Where was it taking me...I step over a twig & jerk myself awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment