This is all my own work. Don't seal it or I'll have to hunt you down.

Don't follow me. Seriously. I bump into things.

Friday 18 June 2010

Chapter 3

I'm awake & yet I'm strangely not at the same time. My little friend is back looking at me but I'm not in my house. There's rainbows. I can feel a fine mist land on my cheeks & I do what any normal completely sane person would do, I close my eyes, open my mouth wide & stick out my tongue. It's not cold, the mist is cooling but I'm still happily warm. I have clothes on, the ones I wear in the daytime which means I must be having a quick forty winks. My friend is dancing to a beat in his head, I can pick it up from the way he moves but I can't actually hear it. We walk and I can sense eyes following me, not fairy eyes, but eyes of the creatures in the place we are. Where are we I wonder....

There aren't any bricks, any windows or doors, nothing man made as far as I can tell. I'm in a strange meadow, full to the armpits with wild flowers & plants, they look a bit dry, it's a very warm day. In the distance there are some trees & the mist causes the rainbows to cast a colourful glow over the land, it's so pretty. My little friend takes my hand, leads me into the middle of the meadow & suddenly I'm in a clearing. Under usual circumstances it may be a little bit odd that I allow a creature I don't know very well to drag me off into a field, but this one is in my head, in my dreams & my sleep, I'm safe with him. The others can't be that far away, I can hear a slight slithering, hissing sound. Imagine snakes, that's what the sound is most like, but not how snakes really are, just how you would imagine them to be. I love imagination. Anyway, back to the things that are making this sound....
The meadow seems alive now, rustling backwards & forwards in a most odd manner. The first to arrive looks like it used to be alive, well more like it forgot to die really. A bit of a face is smiling at me, the most beautific, happy to see me smile that I've ever seen, this is a happy wondrous little thing. It runs up & gives me a huge cuddle! I don't think 'eeek' I think 'wow'. I squat down on the grass in the clearing under the rainbow mist & hug back. I feel like I know this happy fellow, in another life, long gone maybe....who knows...familiarity washes over me like a warm bubble bath & I lie back & look up at the rainbowed sky. My little fiend is over to one side sitting on a rock, he looks over at me contentedly, he knew I'd be happy & not scared, this makes me feel special (in the good way, not the short bus window licker way) I feel beautiful, happy, safe, protected & warm. This is a lovely dream, I can't wait to find out what's going to happen next. I look down into the good eye (lets not talk about the other one) of my new friend & wake up....

No comments:

Post a Comment