This is all my own work. Don't seal it or I'll have to hunt you down.

Don't follow me. Seriously. I bump into things.

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Chapter 10

It's early morning in the meadow, my three friends are here and they're looking at me expectantly, standing (if you can call it that) in a line of sorts. They look up and all speak at once 'tree, fox, leaf, bat, pumpkin, spider' etc. I look at Goblin and he gives a little shrug, looking at me from beneath his lowered head in a bashful sort of way. I'm so happy I dance & squeal with delight!! Even if they learnt the words parrot fashion & have no idea what they actually mean this is real progress. Incredible is the only way to describe it. I squat down & we have a group hug, right there in the middle of the clearing, in the middle of the meadow beside the path. Path, what path? Ahhhh THAT path. It seems there's now a path through the meadow.

I peek through the long grasses either side of it to see where it ends up. I want to know where it goes. Goblin takes my hand gently, I pick up Bones, who isn't the fastest mover on the planet, & we set off. Three Legs is happily bounding along beside us with his ball in his mouth as we move from the clearing & begin our journey. My three friends are happily chatting away as we walk, every so often one of them mentions 'Pore & Lorr' & I eventually begin to understand a bit more about them. From the little I can gather, they're a bit naughty really & you don't get one without the other. They go through this, my dreaming land, causing havoc & mayhem at every turn, despite the huge efforts on the part of their sister, Trin, to curb their behaviour. Hmmm I'm not very sure I want to actually meet them really.

We're on our way to Afrikalafrica I think. It was just mentioned by Bones. To begin with I thought that was the name of my beautiful meadow, but now I know it's a faraway land of enchantment. I have vivid pictures of magical griffon rides through clouds coloured by rainbows...I can hardly contain my excitement. Finally, I get to learn a bit more about my friends. The slithering sound has been following us now for quite some time, it doesn't get any closer, it just follows at a distance. It's only there when things are good, so it doesn't worry me, Pore & Lorr are a bit worrying though I must admit. We stop at a stream, it's a hot day & I slip my bare feet into the water to cool off before we begin the next part of our truly amazing journey. Blast! I'm awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment