This is all my own work. Don't seal it or I'll have to hunt you down.

Don't follow me. Seriously. I bump into things.

Saturday 19 June 2010

Chapter 5

I'm back in the meadow with my little monster friends, I find myself sloping off at various times of the day just to have a nap now. I want to know what they are, what is slithering in the grasses & why they've decided to haunt my dreams, what do they want me for...

It's a nice day In my imaginary world, the space I've created in my head to go when I sleep. The sun is warming my face as I lie back & feel content. My two new friends are here with me, one is lying across my lap...it's no good, I have to name them, lets call him Three Legs. My other little friend I shall call Goblin, because he looks almost like one in an odd kind of way or rather, he almost looks how you would imagine one to look. Goblin is sat on the edge of the clearing, almost out of sight looking for things in the long grass that only he can see, his foot is tapping to the beat in his head but he looks happy enough. I can hear the noise the snakes make, it's far off in the distance & doesn't seem to be getting any closer. I wish it would, I'm very curious. I scratch Three legs behind his ears, they're healing well now, they have hair & everything. In fact there are only a few patches on him that don't have any & his flesh has stopped dropping off because it has skin to hold it in now. He's rubbing his head on my arm & making contented noises almost like a purr...but he's not a cat. He's Three Legs, my friend.

The slithering is getting closer at last, Goblin is watching the path it's taking & has a big beaming grin on his face. He shouts something I can't understand at whatever it is & it comes to a halt right beside the clearing. I hold my breath in anticipation, I think if I sit up a bit I might be able to get a glimpse but I'm afraid to move incase I scare away whatever it is. I stay as still as I can, hardly daring even to breathe. The being in the grass stands up but before I can get a good look I hear the phone ringing & ringing from far away. What's a phone doing here? Ahhhh it's stopped & I can stay here in my peaceful place a little longer....Noooo the ringing is back! It must be Stray, why did I give her my secret phone code?! I rather abruptly wake myself up & stagger over to answer the ringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment