This is all my own work. Don't seal it or I'll have to hunt you down.

Don't follow me. Seriously. I bump into things.

Tuesday 22 June 2010

Chapter 6

It's the hour of the night when I should be asleep. I'd like to be asleep, in the nice place I can feel safe & happy in. Tonight the demons have crawled from their hiding places & have decided to stalk me though. Damn demons! Go away & let me sleep!

Perhaps I'm already asleep & the demons have taken over my dreaming place. I get up & everything's in darkness. I look around for Goblin, he isn't here, he might be hiding...I walk out into the garden, there isn't any moonlight, clouds are covering the night sky & stopping the magic. I'd rather have the magic. There's a creepy eeriness in the air, it's a bit frightening & I hesitate to go any further. I'm standing on the grass not knowing what to do, there's blackness everywhere, not just darkness, but pure black. I can't even see the door & have to feel my way back to the house with my arms out in front of me so I don't smack my face on the door frame. Something is brushing against my leg, I scream but don't make a sound. This doesn't feel right. I'm beginning to get scared. How can the door be so far away, I'm sure I only walked a few steps. SMACK! Argh there it is!

Walking through the door makes me feel safer, I shut it firmly behind me & slide the bolts into their casings. I'd like to see whatever was out there try & get me now. Or perhaps I wouldn't. Yep, that's it, I really wouldn't. I shudder as I walk down the hall, something must have walked over my grave. My hair stands on end & the skin on my arms prickle with goosebumps. This is ominous. Yes, that word again. I have a bad feeling about walking around my own house. The shadows are scaring me, they're very faint, there isn't much light even in here, my eyes have just got more used to the dark. The shadows are moving, swaying from side to side although there's no breeze, there aren't any shapes here that could cause such awkward looking shadows either though. Hmmm I need to wake up! I don't like this...where are my new friends, are they hiding? Are they scared too.....Thank goodness for the alarm clock. I never thought I'd say that but I'm quite relieved it's going off. I wake up in a cold sweat, still tired & knowing I have a full day ahead of me. I make tea & trudge to the shower....I really need to find my friends & my happy place again.

No comments:

Post a Comment